[Maxima-discuss] Problem with to_lisp() from wxmaxima 17.5.0 / Maxima 5.40
Roland Salz
2017-07-21 19:44:59 UTC
From wxMaxima 17.5.0 / Maxima 5.40/ sbcl on windows I create a Lisp-session, but from within I cannot access the value
of a variable that I defined in wxMaxima previously:

a:1;

:lisp $a -> 1 /* This works ok. */

to_lisp(); ->

(+ 1 2) -> 3 /* Here I am in the Lisp session. */

$a -> "debugger invoked.: The variable A is unbound." The program hangs up.

(doing the same from the console, I get the answer "1".)

When I look at the xml-editor, it tells me that "a" was sent to Maxima. But it should be "$a", shouldn't it? Getting
only "a", Maxima's response would be understandable.

Another try was to input "$$a". But again I get the same error message: variable A unbound. And the xml-editor again
tells me that what was sent to Maxima was "a". So my guess is that the $-sign is somehow lost in wxMaxima.

I checked that in my wxMaxima settings I have correctly set my installer's Maxima 5.40.

Best regards,

Roland
Robert Dodier
2017-07-22 05:12:41 UTC
Post by Roland Salz
From wxMaxima 17.5.0 / Maxima 5.40/ sbcl on windows I create a
Lisp-session, but from within I cannot access the value
Since this problem is specific to wxMaxima, I think you might need to
take it up on the wxMaxima issues tracker. See:
https://github.com/andrejv/wxmaxima/issues

Sorry I can't be more helpful --

Robert Dodier
Gunter Königsmann
2017-07-22 06:20:27 UTC
That was my fault:
The last few times somethimg with :lisp or to_lisp went wrong it was wxMaxima tried to be helpful and equipped the string that was sent to maxima with a semicolon or similar.

This time I have no idea what has happened...
Post by Robert Dodier
Post by Roland Salz
From wxMaxima 17.5.0 / Maxima 5.40/ sbcl on windows I create a
Lisp-session, but from within I cannot access the value
Since this problem is specific to wxMaxima, I think you might need to
https://github.com/andrejv/wxmaxima/issues
Sorry I can't be more helpful --
Robert Dodier
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-GerÀt mit K-9 Mail gesendet.