Graphics on a Mac
John Hanly
2017-06-21 15:42:59 UTC
I am a newbie to Maxima. I have been working thru some examples in the users manual and from Ted Woollett’s excellent web page. I have run into a problem when trying to make a simple plot. When I use the following command:

wxplot2d (sin(x), [x, -%pi, %pi]);

I get my plot but no numbers on either x or y axis and I get following message before my plot is displayed inline:

(process:11388): Pango-CRITICAL **: No modules found:
No builtin or dynamically loaded modules were found.
PangoFc will not work correctly.
This probably means there was an error in the creation of:
'/opt/mac/quartz-new/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You should create this file by running:
pango-querymodules > '/opt/mac/quartz-new/etc/pango/pango.modules'
(process:11388): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderCoreText', script='common'
(process:11388): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderCoreText', script='latin'

Can anyone help me figure out what’s going on? I’m running latest Maxima with wxmaxima frontend. Wxmaxima is version 16.04
I’m on an iMac running Sierra. This error message only occurs with inline plots.

Go Nats!
***@me.com