Mikhailov criteria - polar diagram of polinomy
Stefano Milani
2017-06-29 10:57:13 UTC
Dear Member,

I would like to create a polar plot of a polinomy using maxima.
This plot must is obtained in matlab eith this command

polar(angle(PolCar), log(abs(PolCar)))

.

How can re-create it in maxima?

Best regards

Stefano Milani
Robert Dodier
2017-07-02 03:26:58 UTC
Post by Stefano Milani
I would like to create a polar plot of a polinomy using maxima.
This plot must is obtained in matlab eith this command
polar(angle(PolCar), log(abs(PolCar)))
It's not clear what you want to plot here. I gather that the Mikhailov
criterion has to do with the sign of the real part of the roots of a
polynomial. Are you trying to plot the locations of the roots in the
complex plane?

But I see there is also the possibility of plotting P(%i*omega) where
omega is a real variable, from 0 to +inf, and %i is the imaginary unit.
(See: https://www.encyclopediaofmath.org/index.php/Mikhailov_criterion)
If so maybe something like

draw2d (polar (P(%i*omega), omega, 2*%pi));

is a place to start. ? polar gives some information about that.

A link to an example of what you wish to do would help us understand
better.

best,

Robert Dodier